Difficulty Swallowing from Mold

Regular Difficulty Swallowing

If you have difficulty swallowing or breathing on a regular basis, it is possible that you may have an itchy, watery eyes from mold. Black mold can cause a serious medical condition called “black mold eye disease,” which causes permanent damage to the eye. This condition is typically caused by exposure to mold spores in the environment, and not necessarily through direct contact with the mold. In either case, it is imperative that you take steps to control any mold growth in your home in order to prevent this potentially deadly condition.

The symptoms of a mild case of itchy eyes from mold usually are redness, itching, feeling light headed, and watering of the eyes, skin rashes, accompanied by a slight discharge. In more severe cases, people may experience blisters and more severe inflammation of the eyes or coughing. If you experience these symptoms for extended periods of time without any explanation, it is important to visit your doctor to determine if there is an underlying medical condition causing them. These symptoms can also be caused by allergic exposure to certain molds, and it is imperative that you find out quickly whether or not you are allergic to mold before it causes a more serious health problem.

Black Mold Spores

Although it is quite common, black mold spores as well as its side effects, it is actually relatively rare for serious health conditions to be caused by exposure to mold. People that are extremely sensitive to mold often develop “allergenic” asthma attacks after coming into contact with mold spores. People who suffer from asthma need to be especially careful when it comes to difficulty swallowing from mold, as any symptoms they experience could be related to an itchy eyes from mold. For these individuals, it is imperative to completely clean their house and eliminate any potential mold growth.

A few other symptoms of a difficulty swallowing from mold include memory loss, irritability, a loss of appetite, fatigue, muscle weakness, and respiratory issues such as wheezing and shortness of breath. The majority of individuals experiencing difficulty swallowing from mold do so as the result of a bacterial infection. These infections are generally believed to be the result of improperly functioning of the large bowel. This condition is known as bowel obstruction. It can often be rectified by ingesting acidophilus which will aid in passing stools. Other treatments for these types of problems include over-the-counter antifungals such as nystatin and amphotericin B.

Shortness of Breath from Mold

Of all the symptoms of difficulty swallowing from mold, the most troublesome are the shortness of breath and the fact that it can affect one’s overall health. Shortness of breath can make it difficult to think straight, which can affect an individual’s mental capacity. It can also prevent a person from getting adequate sleep, further contributing to their mental state.

Another symptom of difficulty swallowing from mold is fatigue. Individuals who have had difficulty swallowing from mold often report feeling fatigued during the day, and not enough energy to participate in normal activities. Fatigue is a common ailment among individuals experiencing shortness of breath from mold, which may be attributed to the lack of nutrients in their system. Therefore, obtaining adequate amounts of rest is important to alleviate symptoms of fatigue.

Drink Plenty of Water

If you have difficulty swallowing from mold, the first thing to try is drinking plenty of water to help replenish your body’s fluid levels. You should also begin to incorporate a diet full of vitamins and minerals into your daily routine. Additionally, it is important to cut back on foods that are high in sugar. Sugar is what makes many individuals feel sick when they are suffering from difficulty swallowing. In addition, it has been shown that sugar consumption affects the production of saliva, which can cause difficulty swallowing.

To alleviate difficulty swallowing from mold, it is recommended that individuals with nausea or other symptoms eat small, frequent meals throughout the day. Also, individuals who are experiencing nausea should refrain from eating anything large, as this will further aggravate symptoms. It is important to avoid consuming large amounts of carbohydrates at the same time, as your stomach acids may get the better of you if you ingest too much at one time. Lastly, you should try to avoid caffeinated beverages, as these contain caffeine, which can make it harder for your stomach to digest foods. Following these natural methods of treating difficulty swallowing from mold can be very helpful in relieving symptoms of nausea and vomiting.