Toxic Mold

What Mold is Considered Toxic?

Toxic Mold in Homes cannot be ignored by anyone. Toxic mold can cause serious health problems in humans and animals, as well as cause structural damage to structures. Many people do not realize that toxic mold has a number of names. Some of them are: Cladosporium mold, Stachybotrys chartarum or black mold, mycotoxin mold, aspergillus,  Penicillium roqueforti, and at times, even toxic black mold. A true “toxic mold” may cause serious health problems such as lung disease, breathing problems, immune system disorders, allergic reactions, and even death.

The professional mold inspection service, a company which is certified in conducting mold inspections, are experts in the detection of toxic mold growth in homes. Toxic mold growth is often undetected in homes because the mold may grow very slowly, or it may not be seen at all. The average human will be unable to detect the presence of toxic mold growth in homes unless special equipment is used. Mold growth should be detected immediately by a licensed inspection service in order to prevent any further danger to persons and/or property.

What are some types of Toxic Mold?

Toxic mold can be produced by either one of two common sources: fungus and molds. Common varieties of toxic mold which are found in homes are: mycotoxin mold, Penicillium roqueforti, Stachybotrys chartarum and black mold. A number of other species of toxic molds are available on the market, some of which are not that well-known. A number of people are allergic to some varieties of toxic mold, which is why they need a mold inspection company’s help to determine if their house has been infected with any molds.

Mold spores are small, oval objects about one-eighth inch in diameter. They are most commonly seen in dark, damp areas such as basements and attics. There are many types of mold growths which can be found on houses, making identification and proper treatment by a trained professional very difficult if not impossible. Mold Warning Signs can be easily spotted if you know what to look for. If there is any doubt about the existence of mold growth in your home, get an inspection performed immediately.

Mold Infestation

Toxic mold infestations in a home may appear as little spots of drywall discoloration, dessication, or discoloration of the drywall paper. Toxic mold damage to drywall can be very difficult to identify as drywall paper changes color with age, usually becoming darker with age and is less reflective to light. Older drywall paper is harder to work with when it comes to removing because it becomes more brittle and may break easily. It is common for older homes to have this type of drywall problem.

What are some Symptoms of Mold Toxicity?

Mold Warning Signs are often ignored due to their likeness to harmless household substances. For example, drywall chalk or baking soda or laundry detergent powder are all examples of harmless materials that can contain mold spores. However, mold exposure can cause negative health effects in many cases. Inhaling or touching mold may trigger asthma attacks, runny nose, or cough in individuals who are sensitive to these types of substances. It has also been proven that mold exposure can cause adverse health effects in individuals that have weak immune systems such as infants, children, and the elderly.

Many people experience symptoms such as headache, memory loss, or dizziness after they inhale or come in contact with spores. It is very important to keep a close eye on moisture levels in your home especially if you do have a toxic mold problem. Mold spores like dust can easily float around and remain airborne for a long period of time. If the air quality in your home is poor it is even more important to make sure that there is an adequate level of ventilation in your home. Mold spores will travel through vents, bathroom windows, and open doors so making sure that you have proper ventilation is absolutely essential if you want to avoid adverse health effects from toxic mold exposure.

Toxic mold can lead to various health problems including asthma attacks, memory loss, dizziness, headaches, coughing, sore throat, rashes, and even death in extreme cases. If you notice any of the warning signs described above it is important to take action immediately. The longer that you wait the more chance that toxic mold will build up and cause health problems. Toxic mold can be cleaned but it is extremely important to ensure that there is no water damage and excess moisture in your home.